Puma Team Europe e.V.
Puma Team Europe PTE-Forum Datenbank Galerie Teammitglieder Häufig gestellte Fragen Impressum

Puma Team Europe e.V. » Öffentlich » Fragen zum Puma Team Europe » Adapting my puma... » Hallo Gast [Anmelden]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen Adapting my puma...
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
shadowfax82
unregistriert

Fragezeichen Adapting my puma... Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hello,

Let me introduce myself, I'm Antonio Lorenzo, an owner of a silver Ford Puma 1.4i 90cv, and member of the "Club Ford Puma España".

18 months ago, I had a very serious accident, which I recovered pretty well, but lost both legs. Now that I'm in the final process of rehabilitation, I will adapt my puma. People tell me that I should sell it and buy an automatic car (it will be easier to adjust), but I want to keep driving this so unique car.

There are two options:
1) Convert the puma in a car with automatic gearbox.
2) Put an electric clutch.

I need to know if the ford puma existed with an automatic gearbox. If so, I would like to know exactly which engine, gearbox and electronics have to put the same thing.

Another option that my friends in the "Club Ford Puma España" are giving to me is to make a swap with an automatic Ford Fiesta (mk4 or Mk5) 1.25i 75hp (taking engine, gearbox and electronics and put it in my puma). Do you see this change feasible? Won't there be problems in the adaptation?

If the fist option didn't work, I could always put an electric clutch, but since I will carry all the hand controls (throttle and brake), I would forget the clutch for driving.

Thank you very much in advance. Regards,

Antonio (sorry for my english; I'm using Google Translator).
15.06.2010 01:16  
TheFriendlySniper TheFriendlySniper ist männlich
PTE - Assistant

7 Jahre PTE-Mitglied

images/avatars/avatar-1432.jpg

[meine Galerie]

Vorname: René
Provinz: Brandenburg
Land: Germany
Modell: Ford Puma
Motor: 1.7i
Baujahr: 1997

Verbrauch:

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I saw this entry right now. How it lokes like? Any progress?

I didn't know any puma with automatic clutch.

But a related uncle of my neighbour had the same problem by paraplegia. He had manufacture some parts of his car.
By turning his gearshifter he will accelerate, by pressing a button on the shifter he handle the clutch. So he only has to use his left hand to steer and blink. An with his right hand he handle the clutch, the accelaerator and the gaerbox.

I don't know if this will help you.

greets René

21.08.2010 02:13 TheFriendlySniper ist offline E-Mail an TheFriendlySniper senden Homepage von TheFriendlySniper Beiträge von TheFriendlySniper suchen Nehmen Sie TheFriendlySniper in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Puma Team Europe e.V. » Öffentlich » Fragen zum Puma Team Europe » Adapting my puma...

Views heute: 5.974 | Views gestern: 2.324 | Views gesamt: 67.076.141

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6 pl2, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH
planetBlue V1 © 2003 Fi®eb@ll